Lemon Ricotta Cake
- • 3 tbsp unsalted butter softened, plus more for greasing pan
- • 5.5 tbsp granulated sugar
- • 1 egg
- • 6 tbsp all-purpose flour
- • 1 tsp baking powder
- • pinch of salt
- • 1/3 cup ricotta
- • zest of half a lemon
- • 1/3 a medium apple (approx 1/3 cup) peeled and grated
- For Blueberry Topping:
- 1 pint fresh blueberries
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 lemon, juiced and zested
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Grease a 6" cake pan with some softened butter. In a large bowl, mix the butter and sugar together using a rubber spatula. When the two are combined and creamy, add in the egg and mix to combine.
- Pour in the flour, baking powder, and salt. Stir everything together. Then add in the ricotta, lemon zest, and grated apple. Again, stir everything to combine - there should be no visible clumps of flour or dry ingredients.
- Scrape the batter into the prepared cake pan and smooth out the batter. Bake the cake for approximately 25 minutes, until the cake is beginning to golden on top and the edges start to pull away from the sides of the pan. Let the cake cool in the pan for 15 minutes before flipping out onto a wire rack to cool completely. 4.To make blueberry topping, place washed blueberries in a bowl. Sprinkle sugar over blueberries and add lemon juice and zest. Stir to combine. Set aside for 15-20 minutes to allow blueberries to macerate.
- 5.To serve, sprinkle confectioners’ sugar over cake. Slice cake and serve topped with blueberries.