Pumpkin Mac & Cheese
- Pumpkin Mac and Cheese
- 4 cups dried pasta of choice
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2teaspoon salt
- 1/2teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup mascarpone
- 1 cup whole milk
- 4 ounces Fontina cheese, shredded (1 cup)
- 1-15 ounce can of pumpkin puree (not pie filling!)
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh sage
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Cook pasta in a large pot following package directions. Drain cooked pasta, then return to pot.
- For cheese sauce, in a medium saucepan melt butter over medium heat. Stir in flour, salt, and pepper. Add mascarpone and milk all at once. Cook and stir over medium heat until slightly thickened and bubbly. Stir in cheese, pumpkin, and sage until cheese is melted. Stir cheese sauce into pasta to coat. Transfer macaroni and cheese to an ungreased 2-quart rectangular baking dish.
- . Bake, uncovered, for 30 minutes or until bubbly and top is golden. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. If desired, sprinkle with sage leaves.