DUBTOBERFEST CHEESE SAUCE and GERMAN PRETZELS
DUBTOBERFEST CHEESE SAUCE Makes about 2 cups ¼ cup (2 ounces) extra sharp cheddar, shredded ½ cup (4 ounces) medium cheddar, shredded 1 ½ teaspoons cornstarch 1 cup (8 ounces) evaporated milk 1 cup (8 ounces) of Dubtoberfest 1 tablespoon Sriracha INSTRUCTIONS
- Toss cheeses with cornstarch in large bowl to coat evenly.
- In saucepan heat the evaporated milk and Dubtoberfest.over medium heat. Bring to low boil. Lower heat and add starched cheeses –stirring consistently.
- Continue stirring until the cheese is completely the consistency is smooth. If it’s too thick, just add a bit more evaporated milk. When you reach the desired texture, add the hot sauce. Mix to combine, transfer to bowl and serve immediately.
GERMAN HOT PRETZELS Makes 6 or 12 Pretzels 1 tablespoon of active dry yeast 1 cup warm water 4 tablespoons of dark brown sugar 2 teaspoons kosher salt 3 ½ cups unbleached all-purpose flour 2 teaspoons baking soda 1 cup hot water (at least 120f) water 1 large egg yolk Pretzel or kosher salt DOUGH INSTRUCTIONS
- Dissolve the yeast in water and let sit for 15 minutes.
- Put the yeast mixture, brown sugar and salt into food processor bowl or stand mixer. Pulse or paddle a few times to m ix thoroughly.
- And flour gradually either while processing or paddling until a smooth, even dough forms.
- Take out the dough and let rest in an oiled bowl, covered with plastic wrap, overnight (8-12 hours) in the refrigerator.
- Divide the dough into either 6 or 12 pieced, depending on how big you’d like the pretzels.
- Roll each piece out to a thickness slightly larger than a pencil. Form into pretzel shapes by forming an upside-down U; looping the ends across each other, and pushing the ends back down onto the top of the U.
- Rest the pretzels under plastic wrap at least 45 minutes to rise further.
- Pre-heat oven to 450 F
- Combine the baking soda with hot water in shallow bowl and mix well.
- Dip the pretzels in the soda and water solution, shaking off the excess. Place them on a greased baking sheet.
- Beat a teaspoon of water with egg yolk to create wash and brush onto the tops of the pretzels. Sprinkle with salt and bake pretzels for 12-15 minutes until gold brown.
- Serve with DUBTOBERFEST CHEESE SAUCE