Rainbow Grilled Cheese
- • Total: 27 mins
- • Prep: 15 mins
- • Cook: 12 mins
- • Yield: 4 sandwich (4 servings)
- 8 slices of bread
- *Mayo, enough to lightly coat one side of each slice of bread
- 1 1/5 cup of shredded Mozzarella
- one package of neon food coloring
- 5 small bowls
Steps to Make It
- Spread the mayonnaise onto one side of a slice of bread and place, mayonnaise-side UP on work space. Spread mayonnaise onto the opposite slice and place Mayo side DOWN. Your two pieces should be mayo+mayo .
- Begin by dividing the shredded Mozzarella cheese evenly between 5 bowls, approximently ½ cup each. Add a little squirt of food coloring to one bowl and stir it with a fork until coated and colorful. *We used wooden skewers, I find it easier and less bulky for the girls to stir with.
- Pre-heat skillet.
- Repeat this step, using different colors, for each of the other bowls until you have your desired colors. Feel free to go a little crazy here and to combine colors. Add the colored cheese to the piece of bread, in the form of individual lines, so that the colors aren't overlapping. This will create the desired rainbow effect.
- Once the lines of colored cheese take up the entire surface of the bread, CAREFULLY take your bottom slice and add on top, close the sandwich, and mayo on the outsides.
- Cook for a few minutes until the bread turns a golden brown and all the cheese has begun to melt. Flip the sandwich and repeat until both sides are golden brown and all the cheese has melted.
- Remove from heat, cut AGAINST your original cheese lines and serve!